17 Nov 2008

Today I had band at 9am and I have to be there 30minutes before that, which means that I have to report to the band room at 8.30am.

The Band Major (BM) did warm ups with the band using 'Concert Band Clinic' and did some scales. Later, the conductor helped us tune our instruments. Today, I've just received the set piece for SYF '09. It is called 'Overture No. 1 for wind band' composed by Professor Kelly Tang. By the way, the composer is not a woman and he actually re-written the national anthem into a star wars version. He is a very complicated man because the songs he writes are so complicated including this set piece. My primary school, CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity (CHIJ OLN), played 'The Light of Dawn' as their SYF piece before and they managed to get a silver for it.

On Wednesday, I am going to have drills in the morning and sectionals in the afternoon. I have to make full use of the sectional time to clear the set piece from the beginning to part H.

No comments: