6 Nov 2008

On 18th October, I have band practice and Youth Rally. My band practice was from 8.30am-12noon and I have to meet in Nativity Church by 12noon. So, I attended band practice until 10.30am.

When I reached home (after attending my band practice), I ask my mother to help me make early lunch as I have to reach church by 12noon. While waiting for the food, I dozed off on my bed. By the time I woke up, it was already 12noon! I received an sms from Tracy, my catechist, reminding me that there's a youth rally today. I asked her whether I reach church by 1.30pm and she say can. I immediately wake up, bathe and have my lunch (chicken rice). When I reached the church, I saw them playing games and making a lot of noise. After this, we had praise and worship. Most of the songs they sang were familiar to me as when I was young, my mother always bring me to Catholic Spirituality Centre (CSC). After singing, we had our early dinner at 4.30pm. I didn't really finish my dinner as I do not have the appetite to eat. Not to forget, they give us a necklace shaped of a dove. On the dove it wrote "Receive the Holy Spirit" Acts 1:8.

We have to change into our Youth Rally shirt before we head to Toa Payoh Sports Hall for our Youth Rally. When we reached the sports hall, I see a lot of teenagers wearing the same shirt as me(Black). The facilitators/catechists shirts were sky blue in colour.

We sang a lot of songs and I can see that a lot of people is having fun. We also have adoration, the part when everyone has to be quiet and kneel down in respect to Jesus. There is also a skit acted out to deliver us a message. It ended around 10pm, and everyone was still so high in spirits. I will never forget this experience!

No comments: